The Pennsylvania Working Home for Blind Men .... West Philadelphia. [text from circular]
“Cane Chairs Re-Seated…”
A small unrecorded circular printed on behalf of the residents of the Pennsylvania Working Home for Blind Men located at 3518 Lancaster Avenue, West Philadelphia. The home was established in 1874 and later continued on under the name of the Center for the Blind, closing in 1979.
To support themselves, the men re-caned chairs and they manufactured —or were involved in the selling of— brooms, brushes, carpets, mattresses, harnesses and door mats.
Description: The Pennsylvania Working Home for Blind Men .... West Philadelphia. [text from circular]
[Likely Philadelphia. ca. 1870s; after 1873]. 8¼ x 5 inches. Gray sheet, printed with an ornamental border and a variety of type faces. Heavily creased, short edge-tears; good.
See all items in Philadelphia
See all items by Superintendent H L. Hall