[1895 Bird’s-Eye Tinted Lithographic View of Patterson Juniata County, Pennsylvania].
An important town on the route of the Pennsylvania Railroad
A tinted lithograph map, a bird’s-eye view of the town of Patterson in Juniata County, Pennsylvania as lithographed by T. M. Fowler. Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler (1842-1922) published numerous town views and maps.
In addition to the town view, the ledger identifies the location and names of the Trinity Evangelical Church, the public school, the Hotel Ashton (Samuel Leach, proprietor), Roller Flour Mills, Pennsylvania Railroad machine shop, ice plant, and station. One also sees the railroad bridge of the Juniata River.
A very scarce image of Patterson, Juniata County, Pennsylvania at the end of the 19th century in America. Juniata County was carved out from Mifflin County at the beginning of the 1830s. Juniata is a Seneca name, a Native American word meaning “standing stone.” The Juniata River, seen here on this lithographic view, was a vital source of energy and resources for 18th century and 19th century Pennsylvania settlers moving into the region.
Description: [1895 Bird’s-Eye Tinted Lithographic View of Patterson Juniata County, Pennsylvania].
[Np]. Published by T. Fowler and James B. Moyer, . 14 x 18½ inches. Tinted Lithograph Map. Near fine; a lovely example.
Reps 3556. OCLC locates two copies.