The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]
The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]

The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]

Oil City, Pennsylvania album of original architectural photographs; the elegant c. 1915 Colonial Revival-style remodeling of the Morck house built in 1876.


This is “Chamor” the home and family of Dr. August Carl Morck (1859–1925), an optometrist, inventor of bifocal improvements and a prominent citizen in Oil City, Pennsylvania. The house was built circa 1876 and was first the property of businessman Wesley Chambers, before Morck married into the family. The structure underwent a Colonial Revival-style remodeling ca. 1915. The house also includes some architectural decorative elements and furnishings in the Arts and Crafts style.

The house along with others in the Oil City South Side Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.

The de luxe album (c. 1927) is elaborately illustrated with full-page color tinted photographs showing a series of exterior and interior views of the remodeled house as well as gardens and grounds. An exterior view of the original house is included and the album features family portraits of grown children and grandchildren, plus a final portrait of a young woman, Augusta “Gus” Avery, in a lovely Hupmobile Eight Roadster.

A rare period architectural and design document, privately printed, one of a few copies likely made for family members, this copy presented to Dr. Morck’s son, William Allen Morck.


Description: The Residence of Mrs. Anne C. Morck 205 West First Street. Oil City, Pennsylvania. [“Chamor” estate formerly owned by Dr. August Carl Morck, Oil City South Side Historic District.]

[“Portraits by Trinity Court Studio, Ralph W. Johnston.”] C. 1927. [24]ff. Photograph Album. Oblong folio, 14¼ x 19 inches. Black turkey morocco, ribbon-tied, initials in gilt, watered silk endpapers, interleaved with tissue sheets. Twenty-four heavy stock leaves with printed title page and 47 color tinted photo plates, one to a page, each measuring approx. 10 x 12¾ inches. Near fine in very good original black cloth clamshell box with ribbon pull-out for lifting the oversized album out of the box.

[144608]

Not on OCLC. A unique survivor?


Price: $1,500.00